2014 Chefs & Participating Restaurants
Learn more about the chefs and participating restaurants for Festival 2014!
Headliners for the Grand Gala Reception & Dinner and participants in the Grand Tastings, these 10 Chefs have had an iconic presence in the Capital Region, maintaining the highest standards of culinary excellence in their restaurants. They have all committed to the community, participating in hundreds of charitable events between them.
The Adirondack Appliance Signature Chef Invitational has been created to provide diversity among and opportunity for Capital Region Executive Chefs to compete for a place on the 2015 Signature Chef Team. These Chefs will compete LIVE during the Saturday Grand Tasting in mystery basket style competition and also showcase their exceptional food in the Grand Tastings in the exhibit area!
70 Capital Region Chefs will be Featured throughout the Festival in the Friday & Saturday Grand Tastings and Seminars. These Chefs are an excellent representation of the best of the Capital Region culinary scene. We are thrilled to present to you such a diverse and talented offering of Featured Chefs & Restaurants for Festival 2014!
2014 Rising Star Chef Competition presented by timesunion.com
All nominees were asked to meet a minimum of two points of the following criteria as well as complete a stringent application process:
- Chef/Owner of a Restaurant that is under 2 years in operation
- Chef that is using innovative techniques (i.e molecular gastronomy) in food production
- First Time Executive Chef or Executive Sous Chef
- Chef has demonstrated a commitment to community service
- Chef that demonstrates originality & creativity in menu design
- Chef that promote and utilize local produce and ingredients whenever possible